Sunday, December 21, 2008

Winter Wonderland

Oh the weather outside is frightful! And when the wind blows in my direction the inside is pretty frightful too! I live in an older apartment building and the windows rattle so hard sometimes I think I will end up in OZ.

Don't get me wrong. I love winter. I loved it more when I was younger. I love it better when I don't have to go out and slip and slither my way around in it.

We've been spoiled in our little lowland bit of southeastern Ontario in the last few years. Last year I even managed to go without boots most of the time. I have to admit, when Mother Nature decides we're gonna be in for it, we ARE in for it.

This year has had many ups and downs and not all of them have been recorded for posterity. Some downs in fact deserve to be relegated into obscurity post haste! Some ups I should have blogged about and didn't. Some in-betweens probably deserved an honourable mention or two.

So here you are, for the sake of auld lang syne, are a couple of my parting shots at the year 2008.

No comments: